Final Touches I really wanted my bee to be hairy, so I did some research and it seemed like V-Ray was the way to go in Rhino. Of course though, I immediately ran into issues. At first struggling for quite some time thinking I was doing something wrong, I realized it was actually something related to how the mesh had been processed up to this point. I tried remeshing, reducing, closing holes, OBJs, STLs and many other things in both Meshmixer and Rhino but V-Ray just refused to work on my USBee meshes. However, converting the meshes to SubD did allow the fur to be rendered by V-Ray with one catch, I couldn't control the density no matter what I did. The two meshes with fur were created in Rhino, the other pieces are different variations of importing my Meshmixer objects. After some discussion with classmates, I was encouraged to just embrace the look I was getting. The dense fur had an almost Pixar like look to it. 2k Renders (No matter what method I tried I couldn't get this...
I'm writing this post as I wait for my 3-axis golem to complete my drawing. It has been a process ... I tested on paper with ballpoint pens and felt confident enough to move to cardboard with my oil paint markers. Of course they're only similar in theory, they seem to have nothing in common in practice ... So that was a whole recalibration of z distance etc. They needed much more of a pressure downwards and also a bigger lift. I finally did find a good pressure, and speed, that allowed the ink flow to be continuous and keep up with the drawing. [you'll just have to take my word that I did ballpoint drawings, I only did a timelapse of that process and the ballpoint marks are much to difficult to see.] Update: The paint markers were so satisfying. I want to do more! Luckily, there was no one needing the CNC after my appointment slot so I just kept going and going and going. Adding more layers. That was the benefit of my image generator, with just...
I knew for a drawing I wanted to do something very precise. Something a human would have trouble doing by hand. I often think perfectly parallel lines.
Comments
Post a Comment